Sweet whipped cream is a great addition to many sweet treats all around the world.
People love it. We sometimes love to eat only whipped cream too. It’s a really nice not-so-healthy snack.
But how do you feel about giving it to your pouch? We know you have many questions in your head: Can dogs eat whipped cream? Is it Healthy and Safe for my dog? Can I add fruits to the whipped cream?
Keep reading and you will find the answers you need plus extra information.
Can Dogs Eat Whipped Cream? Is It Safe?
Yes, dogs can eat plain whipped cream in moderation and it’s totally safe.
1-2 ounces of whipped cream are safe for dogs, as this amount is good for almost all dogs no matter age and size.
Unfortunately, whipped cream is one of the many foods that are high in fats. That’s why the amount should be little and the treat shouldn’t be every day.
As I say in almost every article check the ingredients.
You should not give any product that contains xylitol!
Keep reading to understand.
Xylitol: Safe or Dangerous?
Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs. If your dog eats something that contains xylitol, contact your vet immediately.
When dogs eat something containing xylitol, the xylitol is more quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and may result in a potent release of insulin from the pancreas.
This release of insulin can rapidly decrease the level of blood sugar and cause hypoglycemia. This process is really fast if your dog had too much xylitol, it can take 10 to 60 minutes and it can be life-threatening.
You can notice that your dog feels weak, has lower activity, and has seizures.
Cool Whip is an example of whipped cream that contains xylitol.
Can Dogs Eat Whipped Cream: Can Dogs Eat Puppuccino?
Let’s start first with the question: What is a puppuccino?
Puppuccino is a dog-friendly “drink” made in Starbucks. It’s an empty espresso cup filled with whipped cream. This “drink” brings so much joy to dogs.
Here is a compilation of dogs eating and enjoying their puppuccinos:
Of course, puppuccino shouldn’t be an everyday thing but you can give your dog sometimes this sweet treat.
You need to know that puppuccino isn’t on the official menu of Starbucks. But you can ask for extra whipped cream for your beverage and they will give you a cup of puppuccino.
Can Dogs Eat Whipped Cream: Is It Safe For Every Dog?
If you still want to give your pup some whipped cream you can search for vegan, coconut, or oat whipped cream. All of them are without dairy products and won’t cause problems to the dog’s stomach.
But again, check the label for xylitol. Don’t buy anything for your dog that contains this alcohol.
Can Dogs Eat Whipped Cream: Symptoms Your Dog Can Have From Whipped Cream
After having puppuccino some dogs may experience:
This may happen if your dog has an upset stomach or lactose intolerance.
Can Dogs Eat Whipped Cream: Conclusion
Whipped cream should never be part of your dog’s diet. It doesn’t offer any nutritional benefits but in small amounts, you can give it as a treat to your pooch.
Give it only to dogs that don’t have lactose problems.
If you choose to share a sweet treat like whipped cream with your dog, don’t forget the 10% rule. Dog treats should make up no more than 10% of your dog’s daily calories.
Can Dogs Eat Whipped Cream: Dog-Friendly Recipes
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can of coconut milk.
- Pour the contents of a can of coconut milk into a bowl, both liquids, and solids.
- Mix thoroughly with a fork or small whisk until the solids are incorporated into the liquids. Your results should be frothy.
- Chill overnight, or until quite cold, so that your cream will hold its shape.
- Give the coconut another quick stir for the best results.
- Pour coconut milk into the canister of your whipped cream maker and close it securely.
- Add whipped cream charger and shake the coconut milk gently.
- Spray your coconut whipped cream onto your puppy pastries, puppuccinos, or right into your dog’s mouth!
Note: You don’t have whipped cream maker? Beat the chilled coconut mixture with a balloon whisk (or in your mixer) until stiff peaks form.
Pumpkin spice puppuccino recipe
- Start with an empty Starbucks espresso cup.
- Fill with the prescribed amount of whipped cream.
- Add pumpkin puree and stir.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Can Dogs Eat Whipped Cream: Interesting Facts To Know
- Whipped cream used to be called “milk snow”.
- Although most people know it as whipped cream, it turns out that the cream has another name. You can also know whipped cream as Crème Chantilly or Chantilly Cream.
- The world record for the tallest dollop of whipped cream on a mug of hot chocolate is 7 1/4 inches. The record was set in 2011.
- January 5th is National Whipped Cream Day.
- Whipped cream is often sweetened and sometimes flavored with vanilla or other flavors such as coffee, chocolate, orange, and so on.
- It is also served on coffee, especially in the Viennese coffee house tradition, where coffee with whipped cream is known as Melange mit Schlagobers.
Can dogs eat whipped cream from Starbucks?
Yes, some dogs can have Starbucks Puppuccino. Some dogs mustn’t have it because of their lactose intolerance or canine obesity.
Can dogs eat whipped cream with coconut?
Yes, dogs can have coconut-whipped creams. It contains less sugar and it’s a dairy-free product.
Can dogs eat whipped cream with vanilla?
Vanilla extract is toxic for dogs. High alcohol levels, can cause severe or life-threatening symptoms.
Symptoms are diarrhea, disorientation, vomiting, slow heart rate, etc.